Thursday 12 July 2012

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
―  
“Whatever you are, be a good one.”
―  
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
―  
“And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
―  
“Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all.”
―  
“My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
―  

“The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.”
―  
“Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?”
―  
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
―  
“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.”
―  
“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”
―  
“How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.”
―  
“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”
―  
“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
―  
“If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?”
―  
“Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally”
―  
“I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.”
―  
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
―  
“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
―  
“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.”
―  
“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
―  
“I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
―  
“My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh -- anything but work.”
―  
“Tact: the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
―  
“I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”
―  
“No man is poor who has a Godly mother.”
―  
“Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.”
―  
“If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. -Speech at Clinton, Illinois, September 8, 1854.”
―  
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
―  
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
―  
“It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't.”
―  
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
―  
“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
―  
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
―  
“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
―  
“Every man's happiness is his own responsibility.”
―  
“I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all. ”
―  
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me insufficient for that day.”
―  
“The Lord prefers common-looking people. That is why he makes so many of them.”
―  
“You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
―  
“If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
―  
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
―  
“I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.”
―  
“A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free.”
― ,
“Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
―  
“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”
―  
“I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.”
―  
“I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.”
―  
“To sin by silence, when they should protest, makes cowards of men.”
―  

1 comments:

Mbc Stream